Countdown now on for our trip to the Alps
Strap yourselves in and get ready for a fabulous, frantic and fantastic two weeks! The Poreč Major gets under way today but don’t forget next week we’ll be gearing up for the start of our Gstaad Major!
Yes, the Gstaad Major returns this year and it promises to be even bigger and better than before.
Why? Well here are five good reasons you should head up to this Alpine paradise.
- The crème de la crème of beach volleyball stars are, once again, returning to this Swiss paradise. And if they’re making the effort to travel upwards of 1,000 meters above sea level so should you!
- We’re taking over an ice rink. Yep, you heard us right. At the height of winter, the Gstaadium is an ice rink where people come to pirouette-away their worries on their skates. In summer it’s a different world.
- You can buy tickets online. The Gstaad Major is one of the must-go events of the year in Switzerland with thousands of fans flocking to the Gstaadium to take in world class entertainment. Demand is always high so be quick! There’s no hassle, though…just decide when you want to come and head to our online ticket provider and go crazy. A four-day ticket is a bargain, by the way!
- The weather’s going to be good. Looking deep in our metrological crystal ball we can see that it’s not going to be too hot or too cold in Gstaad. The conditions are going to be absolutely perfect for both the beach fans and the players next week.
- It’s our third Major this year and our second in Gstaad Like fine wines we improve with age and our tournaments get better after each one. After the success of last year’s event and after two Majors already this summer – expect to be wowed by another Swiss spectacular!